The Master of Arts program is designed for graduates who are eager to shape leadership roles for themselves in the 21st century. It is a program that recognizes the unique benefits to be had through combining selected core areas of study in the humanities, social sciences and languages with analysis, ethics and critical reasoning. The program also provides the student with a skill set appropriate for managing resources as well as sound presentation and communication skills, which are required in today's industry.
- Pass in B.A/B.COM/B.SC. with English as one of the subjects of degree examination of this University or any other University recognised as equivalent there to.
- Professional graduates with one paper in English as one of the subjects of study at graduate level.
Duration of the Course
- Minimum : Two Academic Years from the year of joining the course
- Maximum Duration for the completion of the course : The Candidate shall have to complete the course within Five academic years from the year of joining the course for securing FIRST Class or SECOND Class.
- Re-registration Facility : Candidates who could not complete the course within the period of FIVE years from the year of joining the course are permitted to avail the facility of ‘Re-registration’ on payment of prescribed fee for two more years, beyond the maximum duration of FIVE years prescribed above. Such facility is provided only either for completion of the course by appearing for back log papers or for the improvement of percentage only (like those who wish to improve their percentage from 50 to 55 or to 60 percent), but not for the award of higher class like third class to second class or second class to first class. Irrespective of percentage of marks secured during the re-registration period, such candidates will be awarded either second or third class for which he/she is eligible as per the percentage of marks secured within the maximum duration of the FIVE years period permitted for the course.
Medium of Instruction
English Medium Only
The pass, class, grace rules approved for the award of M.A Degree offered by ANU to students under the regular mode will be applicable to the students opting ‘Online Mode’
|History of English Language|
|Modern Literature - I (1550 - 1700)|
|Modern Literature - II (1700 - 1850)|
|Modern English Literature - II (1850 - 1950)|
|Indian English Literature|
|Twentieth Century Poetry and Drama|
|Twentieth Century Prose and Fiction|